Posts for: February, 2019
Enhancing your smile can be as simple as covering up minor imperfections with porcelain veneers. Your dentists, Drs. Daniel Stevens, Christina Tsang, and Vahid Tabibzadeh, help patients at Omni Dental's San Diego office transform their smiles with these versatile restorations.
What are porcelain veneers?
No thicker than a contact lens, veneers are designed to hide imperfections in tooth enamel. They only cover the fronts of your teeth and don't require extensive dental work. Each tooth-shaped veneer is made of translucent porcelain, a material that closely resembles natural tooth enamel.
Before you receive your veneers, your San Diego dentist buffs off a small layer of enamel and makes an impression of your teeth. The dental laboratory that creates the veneers uses the impression to ensure that your restorations fit your mouth perfectly. Approximately two weeks later, you'll return to the dental office and receive your new veneers.
How can veneers improve my smile?
Veneers are a good option if you're concerned about:
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: Whether you have a snaggle tooth or just don't like the shape of a tooth, porcelain veneers offer a simple solution. After adding a veneer, your tooth will look just like neighboring teeth.
- Flaws: Do you have a small chip on the bottom of a tooth? Veneers cover chips, shallow cracks, bumps, and pits in your enamel.
- Gaps: Veneers keep gaps out of view, improving your self-esteem. Porcelain veneers work best for slight gaps. If you have larger gaps, your dentist may recommend orthodontic treatment.
- Discolorations or a Dull Smile: Porcelain veneers revitalize a dull smile or improve the shade of a single discolored tooth. Teeth whitening treatment has limits, but veneers don't. If you're using veneers for whitening, you can choose your ideal shade of white.
- Short Teeth: Teeth can sometimes become a little shorter if you grind or clench them while you sleep. Veneers extend the length of your teeth and improve your appearance. If grinding or clenching is the cause of your short teeth, your dentist will recommend that you wear a nightguard to avoid damaging your restorations.
Interested? Give us a call!
Upgrade your smile with veneers! Call your San Diego dentists, Drs. Daniel Stevens, Christina Tsang, and Vahid Tabibzadeh at Omni Dental, at (619) 224-5000 to schedule your appointment today.