Posts for tag: cosmetic dentistry
Enhancing your smile can be as simple as covering up minor imperfections with porcelain veneers. Your dentists, Drs. Daniel Stevens, Christina Tsang, and Vahid Tabibzadeh, help patients at Omni Dental's San Diego office transform their smiles with these versatile restorations.
What are porcelain veneers?
No thicker than a contact lens, veneers are designed to hide imperfections in tooth enamel. They only cover the fronts of your teeth and don't require extensive dental work. Each tooth-shaped veneer is made of translucent porcelain, a material that closely resembles natural tooth enamel.
Before you receive your veneers, your San Diego dentist buffs off a small layer of enamel and makes an impression of your teeth. The dental laboratory that creates the veneers uses the impression to ensure that your restorations fit your mouth perfectly. Approximately two weeks later, you'll return to the dental office and receive your new veneers.
How can veneers improve my smile?
Veneers are a good option if you're concerned about:
- Oddly Shaped Teeth: Whether you have a snaggle tooth or just don't like the shape of a tooth, porcelain veneers offer a simple solution. After adding a veneer, your tooth will look just like neighboring teeth.
- Flaws: Do you have a small chip on the bottom of a tooth? Veneers cover chips, shallow cracks, bumps, and pits in your enamel.
- Gaps: Veneers keep gaps out of view, improving your self-esteem. Porcelain veneers work best for slight gaps. If you have larger gaps, your dentist may recommend orthodontic treatment.
- Discolorations or a Dull Smile: Porcelain veneers revitalize a dull smile or improve the shade of a single discolored tooth. Teeth whitening treatment has limits, but veneers don't. If you're using veneers for whitening, you can choose your ideal shade of white.
- Short Teeth: Teeth can sometimes become a little shorter if you grind or clench them while you sleep. Veneers extend the length of your teeth and improve your appearance. If grinding or clenching is the cause of your short teeth, your dentist will recommend that you wear a nightguard to avoid damaging your restorations.
Interested? Give us a call!
Upgrade your smile with veneers! Call your San Diego dentists, Drs. Daniel Stevens, Christina Tsang, and Vahid Tabibzadeh at Omni Dental, at (619) 224-5000 to schedule your appointment today.
Unfortunately, there are some smile problems that can’t be fixed with a cleaning, whitening or orthodontic treatment. Veneers give your dentist a way to simply cover up those tooth imperfections and reveal a smile that is nothing short of a masterpiece. This cosmetic treatment is available at Omni Dental in San Diego, CA. Consider the importance of veneers and how they can improve both your teeth and your lifestyle.
The Popularity of Veneers
Hollywood screen stars, singers and celebrities have made veneers popular over the past few decades. That’s because when you hear the phrase “Hollywood smile” there’s a good chance that it involves veneers. According to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, they are at the top of the list of most-requested cosmetic treatments. Porcelain veneers can be shaped and colored to look like your own natural teeth. Many patients keep their veneer-covered smiles looking fresh and white for 10 years or longer before an update is needed.
Why Are Veneers Important?
There are a few key reasons why veneers are important. Talk to your San Diego dentist about them at your next appointment:
- They brighten your smile when whitening treatments don’t work. Whiter teeth are a sign of youth and health.
- They increase your self-confidence and help you open up more in social or professional situations.
- They inspire you to take better care of your dental health and see your dentist more often—you want to ensure your new, top-rate smile lasts for a long time.
The Process of Getting Veneers
Unlike braces, which take years to get the desired effect, veneers can be installed in just a couple of appointments. The entire process usually happens inside of a month. Your dentist removes a small amount of enamel from the front of each tooth that will make room for the wafer-thin veneer. With impressions, a custom device can be created in a dental lab. At your next appointment, the veneer is bonded to the enamel using a laser light and a special dental compound.
Treat Your Smile to Veneers
If you’re ready to have your best smile possible, make time to consult with a dentist at Omni Dental in San Diego, CA. Call the office at (619) 224-5000 today to set up a date and time to visit that fits into your schedule.
When it comes to making a first impression, your smile is one of the best ways to light up a room and make others take notice. If you have a beautiful smile you will be able to win the hearts of most people at your first meeting. For some people, their smile is their least favorite thing and they simply hide it. You don’t have to continue to hide your smile because you are unhappy with your teeth. Dr. Daniel Stevens, Dr. Christina Tsang and Dr. Vahid Tabibzadeh at Omni Dental in San Diego, CA are experts in veneers. They can help you to find the smile you have always wanted and start to feel comfortable with yourself.
A cosmetic dentist in San Diego will assess your dental health, decide if your teeth are healthy enough for veneers and then have them created for you. Veneers are essentially a cover or face for your teeth to cover up damage, discoloration and other dental problems that make your smile less attractive. Your dentist will take a mold of your teeth and have the veneers created. The natural teeth are prepared by removing a thin layer of enamel so that the veneer can fit naturally. The veneers are created from thin material that is either resin or porcelain-like and they look very natural. They are a great way to get a beautiful and natural looking smile.
Veneers are not right for everyone, and when you meet with an expert in San Diego, CA they will examine your smile and help you to explore your options. They will provide you with choices and show you some examples of how it might look if you get veneers. You will have a choice of materials based on your situation. Veneers can bring a bright new smile to your face and help you to get the best out of your teeth. You will learn how to care for your veneers and how to keep them looking bright and white. Veneers are also a great way to maintain the integrity of your teeth while adding a beautiful smile to your life. Call Dr. Stevens, Dr. Tsang and Dr. Tabibzadeh at Omni Dental today by dialing 619-224-5000. We look forward to helping you get the smile you have always wanted.